The weekend is here, and the guests are about to arrive too. But don’t panic! We have a solution, it doesn’t require a lot of time and will make you the best host.
For a long time my guests have told me how good I cook, and they always leave my house with a smile. But lately, with a busy life I have less and less time, and I have a reputation to keep. Right?
So I am always thinking and doing things where I can show my dedication, but at the same time things that don’t enslave myself in the kitchen. It seems more difficult than it really is. But that’s the motivation of Grilier Gourmet: Simplify your life.
So, when your guests arrive and they think they will be waiting a lot for the barbecue to be ready, you can surprise them with these delicious appetizers.
Take note, because these recipes will be a success among your guests.
SMOKED SALMON APPETIZER
Quick and fresh, what else could be this good?
- Slices of bread: We always choose whole-wheat options, they can be sandwich, toast, or even baguette. If you can’t eat bread (celiac disease or gluten intolerance), you can replace bread with cucumber slices.
- 4 oz. smoked salmon.
- 4 oz. cream cheese.
- 1 Tbsp Greek yogurt.
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice.
- Fresh herbs (ciboulette, cilantro, dill).
- Salt and pepper.
- A small bunch of fresh ciboulette, finely chopped.
- In a small bowl, put together the cream cheese, greek yogurt, lemon juice, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Spread each slice of bread with cream cheese mixture.
- Top with a slice of smoked salmon
- Garnish with ciboulette
- Serve and enjoy!
BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN STRIPS
This recipe is perfect to make before your barbecue. You can serve it alone or like we do, with some mix greens salad.
- 8 chicken strips
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper together. Dress each chicken strip with the previous mixture. Wrap a bacon slice around each chicken strip and place the in the hot grill.
- Seal for a few minutes of each side, then cook for 20-30 minutes, until bacon is nicely golden brown and chicken is completely done.